Thursday, 22 December 2011

Leighton Denny Bio Build Treatment Regime Review


I thought I'd review Leighton Denny Bio Build Treatment Regime as I'm feeling rather pleased with my nails at the moment and its all thanks to this little system.  For the past 2 years or so I've been suffering from nails that peel to below the free edge and to be honest everytime I looked at them I felt miserable.  I've tried several treatments such as oils (Leighton Denny Slick Tips and O.P.I's Avoplex) and nail hardeners (O.P.I. Nail Envy) without much success.  The oils did a good job of conditioning and moisturising but they didn't seem to seal the edge and solve the problem.  Nail Hardeners seemed to make the problem worse!

This system consists of 3 stages - serum, shield and remover.  First for the serum.  You squeeze a small drop of this light cream onto each nail and massage into the the nail and cuticle area.  For a nail product this serum smells gorgeous!  It has a fresh aromatherapy smell.  You leave this to dry (which takes seconds) before you move onto the shield.

The shield is more like a traditional clear polish.  However, it dries matte which makes it suitable for applying colour on top.  You can apply two coats if using on its own.

Finally, you are supplied with a nail varnish remover.  This also smells a lot nicer than traditional removers and because of its mild scent I'm guessing its a lot gentler on your nails.  However, because of this I do sometimes struggle to remove colour with it!  According to other users you need to hold a cotton wool pad over the nail for a few minutes before 'swiping' away the polish in one go.  I am probably too impatient for this to work properly....

Now for the results.  I have been using this consistently for about 2 months and there has definitley been an improvement in my nails.  On my left hand all of my nails are strong and long with no peeling or splitting.  My right hand has been a bit more problematic and 2 nails seem to refuse to fix themselves!  However, this is a great improvement and I'm quite happy to continue using this product especially as I've barely made a dent in any of the bottles.  In my opinion, Leighton Denny Bio Build is a good straightforward product that improves the appearance of your nails without simply masking the problem like some nail hardeners do.

No comments:

Post a Comment