Tuesday, 17 January 2012

Babyliss 2098 Elegance Metallic Purple Straighteners Review

I have the kind of hair that can't decide whether it's curly or it's straight.  This means I am constantly having to rely on some kind of styling tool (I wish I was a blow drying expert but after years of trying I'm not!)  Straighteners are a godsend to me but with so many on the market its hard to find the perfect and affordable pair.

The obvious choice are GHDs but from what I'm hearing they seem to just be sailing on their established reputation.  I have heard horror stories of forking out for them only for them to break 6 months later! (Their 2 year guarantee is no better than other cheaper brands which suggests they're not made to last...)

However, after thorough research my partner purchased these beauties for me for Christmas:


Aren't they preeettyyyy?  The gorgeous marbled metallic purple colour caught my eye first along with the matching satin carry pouch but reading reviews on Amazon I was sold!  Here is a little break down of it's features:

-  Heats up in just 15 seconds
-  Max temp of 230 degrees
-  3m length cable
-  3 heat settings
-  Titanium ceramic plates
-  Auto shut off
-  5 year guarantee

Yes - a 5 year guarantee!  This tells me they're built to last and that's important to me having several pairs die on me in the past for no apparent reason.

Now for how I find them.  These are so easy to use and extremely lightweight so no tired arms!  The smooth plates make sure there is no snagging and breaking of the hair.  There is a very quiet buzz which is the sound of 'ions being released' apparently?!?  This sound doesn't bother me in the slightest however.

To me, these are every bit as impressive as high end brands such as GHD and their popularity has shown in their recent price increase.  At the time I was looking at them they started at around £49.99.  However, by the time Christmas approached they were selling out everywhere and were going for up to £129.99!!!  Grab a pair quick if you are looking for a good value, long lasting pair of hair straighteners.

No comments:

Post a Comment