Saturday, 28 January 2012

Bare Minerals Cocktail Party Lipgloss Collection Review

The Bare Minerals Cocktail Party Lipgloss Collection was bought for me by my partner a few months ago as a girly pick me up.  Included are 4 Bare Mineral Natural Lipglosses in Fruit Punch, With a Twist, Plumtini and Kir Royale.  I already had a full sized Bare Minerals Natural Lipgloss in Peach Cobbler so I knew I liked the texture - moisturising and not sticky.  The colours in this collection are really easy to wear.  2 of them are sheer and slightly sparkly (Fruit Punch and Kir Royale) and the other 2 are more opaque, like lipstick colours.



Here is a brief description of each colour:
Fruit Punch

This is a barely there lipgloss - a peachy sheer colour with a hint of sparkle.  This is nice and easy to apply as you probably won't need a mirror.

Kir Royale

Slightly darker, though you can't really tell in this photo.  Again, a very sheer gloss with a hint of sparkle but more plum than peach.

With a Twist

A pearlescent sugary pink.  More solid in colour and very girly.  I like this for a more made up look without the colour being overpowering.

Plumtini

Probably my favourite colour out of the four.  This is a juicy plum colour with a very fine purple shimmer running through it.  This suits my colouring best and I like that the colour is quite strong but the gloss means its not too heavy looking.

Bare Minerals Cocktail Party is a lovely collection and the petite sizes mean I can carry them all around with me and alternate throughout the day!  I think the colours would suit most people.






2 comments:

  1. They all look lovely but I'm not a lover of lipgloss. Have you tried any BM lippies? I'm tempted.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean, I've never liked the texture of lipglosses before and I hate the way my hair sticks to them when the wind blows! lol These are quite nice and balm-like though. I haven't tried the lippies yet but would love too! I think my next lipstick purchase will be either a Soap & Glory or MAC. x

    ReplyDelete