Sunday, 29 January 2012

Boots Advantage Point Mini Haul!

As its still not pay day for me yet but fancied a little treat I decided to use my Boots Advantage Card points.  As you can see I bought Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection Concealer (£4.19) and Herbal Essence Hello Hydration Deep Nourishing Intensive Mask. (£2.03 on offer at the mo!)

I fancied a hair treat as although I am currently using Liz Earle Haircare I felt like my ends needed a bit of extra loving cair.  This smells DELISH!  The smell is described as Hawaaian coconut with orchid.  It's lovely and thick and I'm sure some people will say Herbal Essence is filled with lots of nasty chemicals and silicones but I just love a big value pot of conditioner that I can just take a huge dollop and slap on!  I did this this after and wrapped my hair in a towel for 1 hr even though they suggest 5 minutes. 

I was really pleased with the results - it didn't make my hair lank or weighed down as some deep conditioners do.  Instead, it left my hair feeling light and bouncy!  Very pleased with this bargain.

I went for the Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection Concealer after finding my Bare Minerals Foundation wasn't covering all my blemishes.  I used to use Collection 2000 Perfecting Minerals Powder Foundation before they discontinued it so I knew they made some decent budget products.  I'd also seen some fab reviews from fellow bloggers on this product and thought it must be good as their usual faves are more high-end.

Having given it a quick try it definitely provides good coverage.  The colour (Light 2) is perfect for my skintone.  Its creamy and easy to apply and doesn't look cakey.  I am also hoping it will last the 16 hours it suggests!  I'm a 'face toucher' and my make-up is pretty much non-existent by the end of the day :(

Both of these products are lovely buys for when the pennies are tight.  I would definitely recommend them both!

5 comments:

  1. I love using points! The hair mask sounds lovely and I love the smell of coconut x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It takes me a while to save my points up but I try and save them for times when the pennies are a little bit tight but I still want a treat! The mask scent is a nice twist on traditional coconut - I keep sniffing my hair! hehe x

      Delete
  2. Hei! I just found your blog and it is amazing!

    I am following your blog and I hope you will follow mine too!

    xoxo,
    Ana V

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you :) Am following you now too! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always use my points for a wee treat near the end of the month too. The hair mask sounds useful. My ends are feeling a bit on the dry side too.
    x

    ReplyDelete