Tuesday, 31 January 2012

Leighton Denny New Year New You Collection Review

When this collection came on QVC I knew I had to have it!  It was fantastic value also (from what I can remember it was £30?) but the big selling point for me was it included 4 of the most popular Leighton Denny Nail Colours; Rebel (a deep shimmering purple), I Love Juicy (deep warm orange), Jailbird (a shimmering teal) and Plush Pink (a classic hot pink).  Here they all are in a neat little foam stand which came with the set and can be reused:


I hope to review the colours on their own when I've had a chance to try them all!  Along with the colours came the Leighton Denny Brilliance Treatment Regime.  This included a serum, a shield and nail polish remover.  I have yet to try this regime as it is for stained nails and to be honest this is one of the few problems I don't have with my nails!  It is supposed to be moisturising also though so it should be a good regime to alternate with my Leighton Denny Bio Build.

A new product that was included is Leighton Denny Illuminating Hand Cream.  It's a good size tube and I really like this as a cosmetic handcream.  When you first apply it it is quite liquid and even as you are rubbing it in it looks like it won't sink in and turns your hands a bit white!  However, after massaging in it leaves your  hands with a lovely youthful sheen and blurs any imperfections.  I love this at this time of year as I suffer from Raynauds Syndrome which leaves my hands horrible and red and lumpy bumpy :(



Probably the thing that people pay least attention to is the bag these kind of collections come in.  However, I LOVE this mock croc bag and it has become my make-up bag for my handbag!  It doesn't take up too much room in your bag but at the same time its long enough to fit brushes, nail files, mascara etc.




Unfortunately, the Leighton Denny New Year New You Collection is no longer available on QVC.  However, I would highly recommend the nail colours individually!

7 comments:

  1. I almost ordered this when it was on! lol I would begrudge payin £11 for a bottle now just because the sets are so cheap on qvc.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. To be honest I have never bought a bottle full price! Though I was tempted to buy either Rebel or I Love Juicy on their own as I hadn't seen them in a set until this one. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking forward to seeing individual reviews of these. The pink and the purple that looks like a duochrome look lovely.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh I'd love to try the Illuminating hand cream! I hope QVC sell it again soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a really good idea! I'm surprised more companies haven't come up with handcreams that improve the look of hands as well as caring for them! x

      Delete
  5. jailbird is a leighton denny polish i need to try! i bought the neutrals of this collection! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a gorgeous colour! I'm always attracted by the brights but the neutrals can look so classy. x

      Delete