Saturday, 4 February 2012

Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation Review



I found a small sachet of Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation in March's Elle Magazine and thought I'd give it a try.  Liquid Foundations really aren't my thing as in the past I found them difficult to apply, orangey and would make my dry skin look even worse.  However, as it was a freebie I was willing to give it a go.

The shade was Soft Beige and on first impressions it was a bit dark for me.  However, it blended really well and no streaking!!! The coverage is fantastic - I've been really struggling with this with my Bare Minerals at the moment.  I think where my skin is lighter from the lack of sun every blemish is showing and I need that extra bit of coverage.

The finish definitely wakes your skin up. It gives a glow without making you look greasy or shiny.  I haven't tried this on a work day yet but so far the coverage seems to be longlasting.

If I had to find a downside I would say this could possibly be ageing on more mature skin.  The heavy coverage seems to emphasise fine lines but not being a regular user of liquid foundations this could be the case with others.

At the moment its on offer in Boots for £5.99 so I am very tempted to purchase a bottle for those days when I want a bit more coverage.

Has anyone else tried this yet?  What are your thoughts?

6 comments:

  1. Hehe I got the same sample in Elle and another from glamour and I totally agree with your review! I love it and will def be purchasing a bottle x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehe it was a nice find! I'm not usually tempted to repurchase by sachets in magazines but this was definitely a good one! As was the Soap & Glory mascara on the front :D x

      Delete
  2. I also got the sample, well in fact I now have two but I am really liking it also and thinking about getting a bottle as it's quite fairly priced! Wonderful review hun x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) It is a great price and I've decided I will buy a bottle for those bad skin days when my Bare Minerals just won't cover it! x

      Delete
  3. Great review, I need to try this, I'll probably find I've got a sample in my sample box!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've just purchased a full bottle! Lovely stuff - I think this will be my winter foundation!

      Delete