Wednesday, 15 February 2012

Soap & Glory Super-Colour Fabulipstick Review

At the weekend my gorgeous partner treated me to some Soap & Glory goodies for Valentines Day.  I've been looking forward to trying the Super-Colour Fabulipstick since the range came out and I picked the shade Perfect Day.  This is a lovely pinky beige colour which suits my colouring particularly well so it makes a great every day lipstick.

The packaging is really fun as Soap & Glory's packaging usually is.  The casing is black with pink text and when opened it has a classy gold twist mechanism.  What I love even more is the way they have carved the S&G logo into the lipstick itself.

Applying this lipstick is very smooth and creamy - one coat and you get a good layer of pigmentation.  After blotting and reapplying the colour actually was a bit heavy for me.  However, this is a good long lasting lipstick and one coat definitley does the trick.  Wearing this with a layer of gloss over the top the colour remained through several cups of tea and lunch!

A nice surprise is the gorgeous smell of this lipstick.  To me it smells chocolately/vanillary and as it is a very moisturising lipstick I felt as if I was wearing a yummy scented lip balm with the added bonus of long lasting colour.

Super-Colour Fabulipstick has filled a real gap in my make-up bag.  I have long been on the hunt for a long lasting lipstick that isn't drying and has good pigmentation.  This lipstick definitely ticks all of those boxes and I think I may invest in the other two colours! 

4 comments:

  1. I haven't tried any S&G makeup yet but this sounds good, especially as it lasts through numerous cups of tea (essential for a tea addict!)
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wasn't really expecting the S&G make-up to be up to the standard of their body products but they've definitley done very well! x

      Delete
  2. I was going to pick up one of their lipsticks the other day but I wasn't to sure (even though I am addicted to Soap n Glory) but after reading this am going to give them a wee go :)

    am now following you blogs please I have a look at mines and follow back if you like it :)

    http://lovemakeupfashionlife.blogspot.com/

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really impressed with their cosmetics! The lipstick is a great place to start. I can't see your follow? But am following you too now :) x

      Delete