Monday, 27 February 2012

Weekend Sample Disaster!

Sunday nights are my major pamper night.  This means not only do I use all my usual products but I like to try something new like a sample mask or exfoliator.  This weekends choices were The Big Skincare Mystery sample I received from their Facebook page and Dead Sea Magik Salt Brushing Exfoliator.

The Big Skincare Mystery was a small sachet containing a light green cream.  The texture and smell were pleasant enough but nothing special.  The smell was slightly disappointing as the packaging showed what looked like raspberries, cranberries and avocado.  None of these scents shone through!  You can use it in 2 ways - mixed with water on the face as a cleanser or neat on the skin for 3 minutes as a mask.  As I am currently loving my Elemis Pro-Radiance Cream Cleanser I decided to use it as a mask.  Due to its creaminess this was nice to apply.  However, after rinsing with my water my lips began to tingle and burn like mad!!!  I was really shocked as all the reviews I have read of this sing its praises!  I haven't got a clue what I reacted too but this was not a nice experience and I will not be using it when the product is revealed :(



Next I tried the Dead Sea Magik Salt Brushing Exfoliator.  On opening this sachet and taking a whiff I felt rather ill - this does NOT smell like 'zesty citrus' as the packaging suggests!  Instead I felt it smelt like a product that had been left open on the shelf a bit too long with the slightest hint of a lemon opal fruit.  Pretty evil!  The next disaster I had was probably my own fault - I shaved my legs first THEN proceded to scrub this all over me.  My legs felt as if they were on fire!  The grains are very large and seem rough but they are infused with coconut oil and vitamin E which you can feel.  After this horrible experience and rinsing the evil stuff off the annoying thing was my skin felt super smooth and moisturised!

I will not be using either of these products again because although results matter to me enjoying using them matters just as much! 

Has anyone else used these and had the same reactions?

3 comments:

  1. I tried the big skincare mystery sample and it was horrible on me, made my skin really dry, tight and break out to boot! Glad I'm not the only one...
    X

    ReplyDelete
  2. The salt scrub is way too harsh for me aswell, most people seem to love it tho. My skin felt raw.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no, at least these were only sample propducts. I wasn't that clean on the Big Skincare sample either.
    x

    ReplyDelete