Friday, 9 March 2012

I'm back...with HD Brows!

I've just got back from a fantastic break with my partner to Edinburgh.  We did lots of sightseeing, eating and even more shopping!  I also popped into Zen Spa Edinburgh to get my HD Brows done.  For those who have not heard of them this is a seven stage process to get highly defined eyebrows.  It takes it a step further than the current trend for eyebrow threading - this includes; threading, waxing, plucking, trimming, tinting and mineral make-up.  I've been looking into the treatment for a few weeks and as the spa had £10 off in March (making it £28 - pricey I know!) I decided now would be the perfect time!  Here are the results a few days after the treatment:

BEFORE


AFTER



As you can see the brows are angled but not to create an 'angry' look.  The tone is darker and the lines are much neater as the 'fluffier' hairs above the brows are removed. My shape has remained pretty similar but they are more equal now as one looked slightly higher than the other before!  I love strongly defined, dark eyebrows so this treatment was fantastic.  Of course, this look isn't for everybody and I'm not sure I'd be as keen if I was a blonde! 

As my eyebrows were already quite thick and defined I don't need to return for regrowth appointments.  The therapist advises you on where to avoid plucking and how to maintain the look with make up.  I invested in a GOSH Eyebrow Palette to do this rather than the HD version which is considerably more expensive.

The spa itself was gorgeous and the therapist, Ellie, was lovely.  It was also surprisingly relaxing despite the use of waxing and threading!  I liked that they use calming and antiseptic tonics on the skin afterwards to soothe and heal and mineral make up is applied to the area so you don't get that tell-tale redness.  It is a really thorough treatment for such a small area taking around 30 minutes so I felt I got my moneys worth.  She even got a ruler out to show me the angles she would be creating and how she would be making them more equal!

I am planning to get this done once or twice a year and maintain myself inbetween so in the end its not that pricey to have groomed brows which can change your whole face!

Have you tried HD Brows?  Or is this a trend you won't be following?




4 comments:

  1. looks great! Not tried this before only been for threading once and it hurt! I love Zen! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) Zen was lovely - I wish it was local to me! The threading seemed less painful than the waxing but maybe it depends on the therapist. x

      Delete
  2. I've never been to Zen, must remedy that soon! I've had my eyebrows waxed some time ago but never threaded as I'm a little scared. My mum swears by it though. Great review!
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually found the threading really painless! I'm a bit scared of going somewhere else now though as Zen was so good! And that is WAY to far for me to revisit lol x

      Delete