Sunday, 18 March 2012

Percy and Reed Glamour Freebies Review


This month has been great for magazine freebies and I think the best value has to be the choice of 4 Percy and Reed products with Glamour Magazine.  These included; Splendidly Silky Moisturising Shampoo, Splendidly Silky Moisturising Conditioner, Totally TLC Hydrating Mask and Quite Frankly Flawless Finishing Polish.  Naturally, my partner bought me 4 magazines so I could get them all :D

Splendidly Silky Moisturising Shampoo
This smells gorgeous - very fresh and leaves a long lasting scent on your hair.  However, as it is so highly perfumed I found it really dried my scalp out and left me itching like mad!  It definitley left my hair shiny and moisturised but I just can't put up with the irritation.

Splendidly Silky Moisturising Conditioner
The whole range appears to be in the same scent and luckily I am able to use the conditioner as it does not come into contact with my scalp.  This left my hair really moisurised and tangle free.  Exactly what I like a conditioner to do.

Totally TLC Hydrating Mask
A really nice 'booster' treatment for the hair.  You apply this to your hair after shampooing then wrap it in a towel and leave for as long as possible to give dry and damaged hair a real treat.  I love most hair masks and probably use them more than I should!

Flawless Finishing Polish
This is probably my favourite product from the collection.  When I first squeezed a pea sized amount out I wasn't sure how it was going to make any difference to my style.  It is a white cream which looks the same as a conditioner would.  However, I rubbed this between my fingers then smoothed all over my flyaway roots and tadaaaa!  My hair was smooth and shiny without looking greasy in the slightest.  This has been great for me because neither hairspray or serum has been able to calm my flyaway bits without making my hair look stuck to my head and oily.  I'm sure this would work as great on frizz.

Percy and Reed is a lovely looking haircare range, each product decorate with a line drawing of a stylish girl.  Girly but subtle at the same time!  Their scents are amazing but you may want to be careful if you have a sensitive scalp like myself.

4 comments:

  1. I got the mask - I'm well pleased with it!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Such great value at £2 a magazine! Btw, I love your new haircut :) x

      Delete
  2. great review! I bought all 4 too x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great bargain, the mask sounds fab.
    x

    ReplyDelete