Monday, 19 March 2012

Sudocrem - the secret spot killer!


There's been a lot of talk in the press at the moment about an unusual cure for spots and blemishes - namely good old-fashioned Sudocrem!  Until I read about this I only knew of it as a remedy for nappy rash - not something I'd consider putting on my face.  However, tubs have been flying off the shelves in supermarkets and low and behold when I went to Tescos to buy myself this miracle cure they only had dinky 60g pots left.  However, you do only need a tiny bit and at £2.39 a tub its a super bargain!

Having tried this on blemishes as they first start to appear I have noticed the redness subsides and they seem to clear up quicker.  The only downside is it is very thick and white and therefore can only be applied at night. 

Do you swear by Sudocream for clearing up breakouts?  Or do you have any unusual beauty cheats/tricks yourself?

2 comments:

  1. I've never tried this on blemishes, I assume it just tends to dry the skin out and shrink the blemish a little. It does seem to be a great bargain though.
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it might have something to do with the antibacterial properties? It's not too drying luckily as I can be prone to dry patches! x

      Delete