Thursday, 12 April 2012

17 Instant Glow Shimmer Brick Review


I had a major gap in my make up collection up until recently and that was in highlighter/shimmer products.  However, having heard lots about cult products like Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick and MAC MSF I decided I needed to investigate.  Recently lots of cheaper brands have been producing quality 'dupes' and I wanted to try these before investing in the more pricey versions. 

My shimmer brick dupe is 17 Instant Glow Shimmer Brick in Pink Bronze.  My mum bought me this for my birthday.  The shades are lovely - from the very palest pink to a dusky, browny pink.  This choice is perfect for paler skins.


Here it is swatched on my hand:


As you can see it produces a very subtle pink glow.  I really like using this to boost matte blush colours and sweep it right up across my cheek bones.  The pay off is really good so you just need to dab a small amount on your brush to get a subtle effect.  For nights out you can easily build a heavier shimmer look.

The 17 Instant Glow Shimmer Brick is only £4.99 so a great saving on the Bobbi Brown version!  I'm really happy with the results too so will be sticking with this brand.  As a newbie to highlighter/shimmer products I'm still working out where and how exactly to apply for the best results.

Do you have any tips on how to apply shimmer bricks?

7 comments:

  1. I apply my MSF to the tops of my cheeks, down my nose, across my forehead and chin. I dont apply it as heavy to those areas as I do to my cheeks.

    I just used to use a regular powder brush but find a MAC 187 works a lot better. Any stippling brush would do the same job though.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, and I sweep it on with the stippling brush.

      Delete
    2. Thanks!I was wary of using it anywhere else in case I got heavy handed! Might have to try out the stippling brush... I've just been using a standard bronzing brush so far. x

      Delete
  2. i've been tempted to try this think i will now!
    www.whokilledlola.blogspot.co.uk
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a really nice product :) Probably not an essential for me but a nice extra! x

      Delete
  3. This looks pretty. I'm a bit of a newcomer to the whole highlighter thing too so don't want to spend a fortune on one.
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely worth £4.99! I also received Sue Moxley Baked Bronze in Miami which is more of a highlighter than a bronzer - I'll be reviewing this shortly too and it's also a real bargain at £6! x

      Delete