Friday, 6 April 2012

Famous by Sue Moxley Coral Reef Lipstick Review

I had seen the Famous by Sue Moxley range on several blogs, mainly because of their MAC MSF dupe Baked Bronze (review of this to follow shortly!)  I was desperate to try this mainly because the MAC MSF seemed totally overpriced to me. 

My partner bought the Baked Bronze for me and put it away for my birthday but at the time Superdrug were offering a free lipstick with every Famous by Sue Moxley purchase.  All of the shades were fairly bright but I've been looking to move away from my usual pinky nudes.  In a moment of bravery I picked Coral Reef.  Here it is:




How gorgeous is the packaging?  I think it looks really expensive and I love the little ribbon pull at the end (though it did pull out and I had the poke it back in...)  As you can see the sticker on the bottom of the lipstick bares no resemblance to the lipstick itself!  Instead Coral Reef is a bright, summery pink with just a hint of coral.


Here is the result on me with one coat blotted.  As it is so bright when you first apply it I found it a bit overpowering and it seemed to highlight any dryness.  However, blotting solved both problems and I really am loving this bright shade!  Now we just need the weather for it.....

Can you recommend any bright summery shades for dark hair and pale skin?  What lipsticks do you save for when you're feeling brave?

4 comments:

  1. Very nice, the packaging is quite sweet actually! I have to be brave to wear Ysl lingerie pink rouge volupte, although I love it it's really bright baby pink on me! I think you'd suit a bright purpley fushia too x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Laura - will keep my eye out for a fuscia! I'd love to wear a baby pink but I tend to shy away from them because of my colouring. x

      Delete
  2. That colour is so lovely <3

    My fave summery 'drugstore' lippie would have to be Max Factors Bewitching Coral. It can look a bit scary when you first swatch it but as soon as you slap on some foundation/tinted moisturiser it just looks gorgeous. It looks very orange but once on the lips it leans more pink and if you blot it it will act as a stain and last all day.

    My fave at the mo would have to me MAC Speak Louder, its bright without being in your face.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a great bargain bright lipstick! The texture is really nice and moisturising too.

      I really like the look of MAC Speak Louder - a strong colour without being too fluorescent! x

      Delete