Thursday, 5 April 2012

Make-Up Storage

I'm always really interested in how people store their make-up.  I like things to be neat and all in one place to make my morning routine as quick as possible!  As the majority of my make-up is Bare Minerals and in sometimes messy tubs I needed storage which meant they could lie flat e.g. not the usual throw it all in make-up bag! 

My first thought for storage was the ever popular Muji Acrylic storage systems.  However, buying all the drawers can get expensive.  Plus, being clear though easy to find your bits and bobs the look is a bit cluttered for me.

Instead, I bought this neat and slim rattan drawer unit.


These have plenty of room to lie my Bare Minerals pots flat, store my nail polishes in a cool and dark place and hold other beauty bits and bobs like cotton wool pads.  For items like mascara, eye liner and lipgloss I store them upright as below in a glass.



My eyeshadow palettes slot neatly at the end of the drawer.  Any make-up that I don't use everyday is stored in a tin and hidden away under my bed - I hate having to rummage through non-essential products!

How do you store your make-up?  Do you have it all in one place or is it pouring out of every available space your have?

3 comments:

  1. Ahhhhh, I'm so glad you posted this. I have 2 of those drawer things but just store bits and bobs in them, was going to order a muji or something similar but Ill be pinching your idea.

    I got some storage boxes from Ikea but they're too big and I keep forgetting whats at the bottom of them.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad I could help :) I love my little drawers! You can't fit loads in but it means you stay neat and organised and everything is easy to get at. I like that everything is hidden away too! x

      Delete
  2. I love how neat and compact it is! Looks like it would be a breeze to ready in the morning. Thanks for sharing your link on my storage post x

    ReplyDelete