Monday, 9 April 2012

Robert Cavalli Eau de Parfum Review


Here is Robert Cavalli's latest perfume offering.  It is simply called Roberto Cavalli Eau de Parfum.  Everything about the packaging is pure Cavalli - animal prints, luxury gold and a shot of turquoise.  This can be a bit brash for some people and personally I lean towards the classic end of fashion design but the perfume is pure sophistication!  The bottle itself echoes this with a beautiful Cavalli logo stopper and a good heavy glass bottle in a simple shape.

My wonderful partner bought this for me as one of my birthday presents after one of our shopping trips in Debenhams.  After a spritz from the shop assistant I was really surprised by this scent.  From the packaging I was expecting it to be overpowering and sweet, something along the lines of Thierry Mugler's Angel

However, instead it has a classic scent that reminds me of older perfumes such as Tresor and Paris.  This was exactly what I was looking for as I'm not a fan of overly sweet or fresh scents.  I mean, who really wants to smell like freshly cut grass or a box of chocolates?  Not me! 

I prefer womanly, warm, grown up scents and this ticks all the boxes.  It has top notes of orange blossom but it dries down to a gorgeous blend of benzoin, tonka and vanilla.  Furthermore, this is only available as an Eau de Parfum which I love as Eau de Toilettes don't last 5 minutes on me and I like a fragrance that lingers on all day.

I think I have found my new signature scent!  Though I'm pretty sure this ones not for everyone...

Have you tried Roberto Cavalli Eau de Parfum?  Did you love it or hate it?

6 comments:

  1. This sounds really interesting, I too prefer EDP as I hate my perfume wearing off after a couple of hours.
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's lovely - not modern yet not old fashioned! Perfume taste is so personal though. x

      www.lottys-luxuries.blogspot.com

      Delete
  2. I love this perfume, as soon as one of mine is finished I will be buying it and of course reviewing it ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is gorgeous! I think it's quite a different scent - can't wait to read you review! x

      Delete
  3. I love this perfume its my favorite its really sexy and gorgeous scent
    Check out my post on this and follow me for more



    http://thepocketsizedbeauty.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete