Tuesday, 3 April 2012

Tangle Teezer Review

For my birthday I received this little brightly coloured hair gadget known as the Tangle Teezer.  I'd been reading reviews of it by fellow bloggers and decided it sounded like the perfect tool for me!  I also had it used on me by a hair stylist at my last cut and loved the way it seemed to glide through any knots.

I have long naturally wavy hair that I'd always assumed was 'thick' due to the amount of it.  However, recently I've been told by hairdressers that my hair texture is fine and I just have a lot of it!  This means my hair can have a tendancy to break easily (especially as I straighten it lots!)

When I brush my hair I usually find lots of tiny bits breaking off and half of it left it my brush :(  This makes me very sad as I get paranoid that one day it will stop growing and it will be a straggly broken mess!  However, the Tangle Teezer promises to minimise breakage and so far so good!

You hold the brush in the palm of your hand.  My mum (who kindly bought it for me) described it quite acurrately as an oversized nail brush!  It doesn't look very technical and therefore may seem overpriced at £10.99.  However, the combination of short and long teeth somehow manages to cut through the toughest of knots in just a few strokes!  Not only this but it leaves my hair looking very groomed and very quickly.  It gives it a shine without leaving it flat.

Don't ask me how it works but it does for me :)  Am hoping this will keep my locks a lot healthier in the long run!

Do you own a Tangle Teezer?  Are you in love with yours?

3 comments:

  1. I love my tangle teezer so much! I've had one for 6 years and can't imagine using any other brush! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're fantastic aren't they! I'm so pleased I got one - my other brush has been kicked to the kerb! X

      Delete
  2. Great review!!! It's great if you have super long long hair, but if you have short-medium hair I think a standard brush will do :-) http://williamspromakeup.blogspot.co.uk/2013/07/tangle-teezer-hair-brush-review-worth.html

    ReplyDelete