Wednesday, 16 May 2012

Liz Earle Skin Tint Review


Like most beauty bloggers I am a HUGE Liz Earle fan.  Having tried many other skincare brands this is the one brand that leaves my skin balanced, soft and smooth. 

So far I have stuck with Liz Earle's cleanse, tone and moisturise routine.  However, as I was looking to add a tinted moisturiser to my make-up collection Liz Earle Skin Tint looked to be the perfect solution.

Luckily, Latest in Beauty were offering samples in all three shades of Liz Earle Skin Tint in their Little Beauty Box.  I promptly ordered this along with the Erno Lazslo Hollywood Collection (gorgeous samples I have tried before) and SUPER by Perricone Eye Cream (given to the boyf!)  All 3 samples are only £1.50 including p&p.

I was so excited about trying this tinted moisturiser having seen great reviews.  However, I was sorely disappointed.  Firstly, the smell of the Skin Tint was a let down.  Liz Earle is well known for her heavenly scented products including scents such as rosemary and rose scented geranium.  This however, smelt floury or oatey.  Natural but off putting!

Blending liquid foundations has always been a problem for me.  I expected this to be light and creamy in consistency.  Instead it was very thick and incredibly hard to blend.  I spent longer applying this tinted moisturiser than I do my usual liquid foundation!  Because of its difficulty in blending I found I had to use a rather large amount of product defeating the object of a light base.

Finally, none of the colours matched my skin very well.  Bare was too light and Beige too orange.  With the samples you can mix but I can't imagine wanting to buy two full sized tubes just to blend them.  It took an awful lot of blending to avoid the dreaded tide mark!

Liz Earle Skin Tint was a huge disappointment for a huge Liz Earle fan!  I am glad I only bought the samples.  I am falling back in love with my Bare Minerals Foundation and have now realised that a light buffing of this is a great alternative to tinted moisturiser.

Have you been disappointed by the new Liz Earle make-up?  Or are you a fan of the Skin Tint?

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry you didn't like it. I know what you mean tho, it's pretty thick so I find it's best to use just a small quantity.... Hope this helps!! :)

    ReplyDelete