Saturday, 19 May 2012

MUA Professional Eye Palette Review

I am a big eye make-up fan. I rarely leave the house without a defined line of liquid eyeliner and a coat of mascara. I also love matching my eyeshadow to an outfit and this means I like to have a wide selection of colours.
MUA do an excellent range of bargain make-up in Superdrug especially as they have now extended this to a 'professional' range. What caught my eye the most were their eyeshadow palettes. I had heard lots of rave reviews likening their Heaven and Earth palette to the infamous Urban Decay Naked palette and at £4 a go who could resist! I was also lucky enough to be bought the Dusk till Dawn palette.
 
All of the shadows are shimmery but this doesn't bother me as I prefer them to matte. Heaven and Earth ranges from an ivory shade through bronzes to dark browns. Dusk till Dawn has one row of more neutral shades (browns and greys) and another with night time shades (vivid green, purple, black)
 
Dusk Till Dawn
Make Up Academy Professional Eye Palette Dusk Til Dawn
Heaven and Earth
Make Up Academy Professional Eye Palette Heaven & Earth
The sheer variety in these MUA palettes is what makes them great value. Not only that but the quality of these eyeshadows is very surprising. I have bought high end brands that don't have as much colour pay off as these! I used to always use my Bare Minerals Eyelid Primer under shadows but these actually work fine without it.
Now I've just got to improve my eyeshadow blending skills.... not so easy when you're a glasses wearer!
Do you own any of the MUA Palettes? Which ones do you have?

1 comment:

  1. I have a few of the trios from MUA, Innocence is my all time fave. I wasn't sure whether to go for the pallettes, as I have a few already and don't collect makeup as much as nail polish, but this has made me NEED them now.
    Hi, love your blog!

    ReplyDelete