Saturday, 30 June 2012

L'Occitane Mini Haul!


Seeming as L'Occitane had a summer sale on I decided to try some of their products for the first time.  My partner is a grooming product junkie and he'd being eyeing up their Cade products for a while so I decided to buy him the Cade Shaving Balm and Shaving Soap. 

For me however, I bought the Provencal Landscape Scented Candle.  This has a gorgeous fresh but warm scent and first smelt it burning in store.  The packaging is very sophisticated and french - a simple tin case which is perfect for travelling with green and gold labelling.  The tin does feel a little flimsy but I guess being lightweight makes it even better for travelling.

My pet hate with candles is 'tunnellling' - when the candle just burns straight down the middle leaving loads of wasted fragranced wax.  The L'Occitane Provencal Landscape Scented Candle seems to avoid this though if you burn for around 3 hours at a time (they recommend no more than 4)  However, its total burn time is around 20 hrs meaning you'll only get around a weeks worth of evenings burning :(  This seems like a very expensive way to fragrance your room to me!  One of life's little luxuries though :)

My first experience of shopping online with L'Occitane was reasonably good.  Delivery was quick and cheap at £2.95.  They also offer a choice of two free samples.  I chose the Imortelle Cream Mask as  I have seen rave reviews of this skincare regime and one sachet would do a nice treatment.  Also, I chose a Repairing Shine Mask for my hair.  I love trying samples and I thought this was a nice touch.  Their 'gift wrapping' was disappointing though.  They say they select how to wrap your gift depending on the contents of your order.  Opening my order I thought they had forgotten.  Then at the bottom of the package I found a green paper bag and a L'Occitane sticker - hardly thought out gift wrapping!  Ah well it was free....

Have you purchased anything in the sale?  What are your favourite L'Occitane products?

6 comments:

  1. I didnt even know they done candles. I hate tunneling too, drives me crazy, such a waste.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know they made candles either. Will have to take a look at them next time I'm in store as I love most of their fragrances. I do like how they send you samples with your order. It makes me much more likely to buy other products from them, which I guess is what they want! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I looove l'occitane- they used to make an amber scented candle which was the most luscious thing ever. I love their ultra rich skincare range for dry skin & their shea & honey lip balm is too die for if you like sweet scents x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh I like the sound of the shea and honey lip balm! The candles do seem to be really good quality. x

      Delete
  4. I really could do with some hair treatments so may just check the hair mask out-thanks for sharing :)

    Tanesha x
    www.tanesha-marie.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've just tried the hair mask and it is very good! Has a slightly unusual smell though... x

      Delete