Thursday, 7 June 2012

Revlon ColourBurst Lip Butter Review

Sorry I have been away for so long!  I've been ill for a while and have really not felt up to blogging.  But here I am back with a review of my latest favourite product - Revlon ColourBurst Lip Butters

I missed the boat when these first came out and there were some great offers on.  I was a little reluctant at purchasing them at full price incase they were just a glorified tinted lipbalm.  So I waited... and Boots put them back on offer at £5.99 each instead of £7.99.

There are so many gorgeous colours in the Revlon ColourBurst Lip Butter range and I spent a good time trying to decide on which one to buy.  In the end I decided to pick one neutral and one bright to cover all eventualities.  Peach Parfait is a beautiful shimmering pale peach.  It contains quite a bit of gold shimmer which I love - it really warms my skin tone up.  The second shade I chose was Lollipop - an eye catching bright pink with blue tones to it.  The shimmer in this is much more subtle but it still has a lovely sheen.





Now for the wearing of Revlon ColourBurst Lip Butters.  They are really soft and so squidge around in the tube a bit if they get to warm but it does mean they glide on super smooth and leave your lips super moisturised.  I love this as I HATE sticky lipglosses or drying lipsticks.  These really are the perfect hybrid.  The staying power isn't great.  Peach Parfait holds its shimmer well after some of the colour has faded.  However, Lollipop does fade quickly from the centre of your lips after eating and drinking.

Overall, I love these Revlon ColourBurst Lip Butters just like every other beauty blogger I know!  I'm not sure I'll be purchasing any other colours for the moment as both shades are really versatile (and I never use all of my lip products!)  I would highly recommend these though if you are looking for a comfortable wear lipstick with the sheen of a gloss.

7 comments:

  1. Oooh you've reminded me I wanted to get a couple more of these. I have Lollipop and wear it a lot and I like the look of Peach Parfait too. I feel a trip to Boots is calling tomorrow lunchtime!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also have lollipop and found that is fades unevenly, although i have since lost this one :(. Great review xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got peach parfait and few others... But not Lollipop - its gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a great summer bright! I can't wait till the sun comes along to wear it more! x

      Delete
  4. I was left behind in trying the lip butters but now I know what all the fuss is about. Am in love with creme brûlée and look forward to trying some others. Love your blog too :-) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It took me a while to get round to buying them also :) x

      Delete