Monday, 5 November 2012

Collection 2000 Haul

This weekend I needed to purchase some new liquid eyeliner and mascara.  Though I never go a day without them I struggle to pick a brand and find them the least exciting make-up purchases!  So I popped into Superdrug and noticed they had 3 for 2 on all cosmetics and just for simplicity and to save the pennies I went to the Collection 2000 counter.

Collection 2000 definitley has a reputation for being a bargain beauty brand but it does seem to have a few fantastic products.  I am a fan of their Lasting Perfection  Concealer and used to love their Perfecting Minerals till they were discontinued :( and I developed a pricey addiction to Bare Minerals!

This time I picked up their Skyscraper Mascara, Eye Definition Liquid Eyeliner and Metallic Cream Eyeshadow in Emerald City as my freebie. 

 
 
I am really liking the Skyscraper mascara so far.  It has a rubber bristled brush with short bristles on one side and longer ones on the others.  It reminds me lots of the Diorshow Mascara brush but at the fraction of the price (£4.99)  This mascara gives long natural and defined lashes which I much prefer to clumpy thickened ones.  It does seem to flake a little so might not be great for those who touch their eyes lots!
 
Eye Definition Liquid Eyeliner is a good classic style liquid eyeliner.  I have dabbled with eyeliner pens, pencils and gel pots but this is the type I prefer.  The eyeliner is very liquid and highly pigmented so no need to repeat over your line!  One sweep and you have a perfect classic eyeline.
 
The Metallic Cream Eyeshadow was a little treat purchase - something I didn't need but I loved the shade Emerald City.  It's a shimmering khaki green colour which looks lovely on hazel brown eyes.  You apply with the sponge applicator inside and it suggests blending with a finger.  However, as with all cream eyeshadows I find this wipes the colour straight off again!  Instead I just paint it on direct.  The colour lasts and barely creases.
 
These 3 Collection 2000 eye products are great cheap treats and I definitley think I'll be repurchasing the mascara and eye liner. 

No comments:

Post a Comment