Tuesday, 20 November 2012

Decleor Phytopeel Exfoliating Cream Review

Decleor is a brand that really appeals to me.  Featured in several spas, I love the way they combine luxury with natural ingredients.  Therefore, I was super excited to receive this sample of Decleor Phytopeel Exfoliating Cream. 


Decleor Phytopeel Exfoliating Cream is described as a gentle and natural way to renew your skin.  Exfoliating is a really important skincare step to me as prior to using Liz Earle's Cleanse & Polish I was under the impression that I had dry skin.  However, the gentle exfoliating of the muslin cloth has completed eliminated any dryness I previously had.  Now gentle exfoliating products always catch my eye. 

Decleor Phytopeel Exfoliating cream is a thick, tacky, pearlised cream as you can see below.  The scent is quite medicinal but still natural.  The directions state to smooth on a medium layer of this cream all over the face, avoiding the eyes, and leave to dry for a few minutes.  So far so good..,



When the cream has dried down you are instructed to rub off the cream in circular upward motions till it starts to 'peel' off.  This is where I began to hate this product.  Firstly, to get the product to peel of the skin you have to rub quite roughly.  My skin was already starting to get slightly pink and sore at this point rather than glowing!

The cream rubs off in little flakes as shown here.  Attractive?  Not very.  You are then advised to rinse any remaining product away.  This in itself is quite difficult and I couldn't help but feel there was still some product remaining on my face.  Using a toner seemed to resolve this slightly.



Finally, having managed to remove all of the product my skin did look very clear and feel remarkably smooth but it also looked rather red and blotchy from all that rubbing!  My moisturiser also seemed to sink in twice as quick as normal.  Maybe this is a good thing but I couldn't help but feel the Decleor Phytopeel was slightly drying?

I would not say the Decleor Phytopeel is a bad product as it produces results.  However, I do think it is most definitely not suitable for all skin types as suggested.  If you are prone to redness or sensitivity you may want to think twice about the rough way in which you have to remove this product. 

Furthermore, the actual experience of using the product wasn't pleasant for me.  I like gentle, luxurious beauty experiences rather than vigorous, abrasive ones!  If you don't like the feeling of 'a good scrub' maybe give this one a miss!

Have you tried Decleor Phytopeel?  Did you find it harsh and uncomfortable to use?

6 comments:

  1. I absolutely hated this. The whole rubbing to remove really annoys me and like you said, even after rinsing my skin I still felt like it was all over my face.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nasty stuff :( But then others rave about it... The whole thing felt like an unpleasant faff to me! x

      Delete
  2. shame it wasn't all thumbs up for you :(
    Decleor is also a brand I'd like to try - its very promising.

    I use the Nuxe oil mainly on my arms and decollete (legs if I'm on holiday)... but its a multi use product and you can also use it on hair to nourish dry cuticles. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great thanks :) Think I might keep the little bottle at my desk for dry cuticles/elbows etc! xxx

      Delete
  3. I tried it before, really didnt like it either:(
    We should follow each other? If you want, let me know x

    http://crystalcosmicchic.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete