Thursday, 15 November 2012

My Selfridges Lucky Bag - Revealed!

I must admit this morning I was feeling a little fed up at the thought of receiving a disappointing Selfridges Lucky Bag after all the hype.  As the reviews mounted up online the majority of bloggers seemed less than pleased with the contents.

However, just after 5pm today my Selfridges Lucky Bag arrived!  I was really pleased with the quick delivery as I only chose standard but it came the next day after ordering.   It came in a rather large yellow lined Selfridges box as shown here:


Some of the reviews showed items such as tissues and beauty vitamins - items I would have been severely disappointed with!  I was hoping for either REN, Dermalogica or the very cute sparkly Duck Lip Balm I'd seen others have.  Here are the items I received:


 
REN Moroccan Rose Otto Body Wash 50ml (£4.25)
Disco Duck Creme Brulee Lip Balm Full Size (3.99)
Anatomicals SPF 15 Banana Lipbalm (£2.55)
Beauty Junky Ginseng Face Mask (£1.95)
OCC Lip Tar (£10)
Eyeko Skinny Mini Liquid Eyeliner (£10)
 
Total Value: £32.74
 
I am really pleased with my Lucky Bag in comparison to others.  I can always use lip balms especially at this time of year and the lip tar is a gorgeous vivid fuscia pink.
 
The REN Body Wash smells gorgeous and this will be my first chance to try this brand.
 
The Eyeko Liquid Eyeliner is perfect for me as I never go a day without wearing eyeliner!
 
What I think has disappointed most people about these bags is the brands included don't seem to represent those that you would expect to see in Selfridges i.e. high end brands.  Their previous beauty box delivered on this front.
 
However, I really like that no two bags seem to be the same like the original lucky bags we had as children!
 
Did you order yourself a Selfridges Lucky Bag?  What was your opinion?

15 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree...I'm not seeing what I would expect to see in a SELFRIDGES lucky bag...more like a load of brands that didn't sell they are trying to get shot of. The lip tar is brilliant, don't get me wrong..as is REN but you got THREE lip products - TWO lip balms. Not very balanced huh?

    Personally I'm somewhat disappointed and won't be buying from Selfridges again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Luckily I am a lip product fan :) I would have been a lot more disappointed if I'd received the tissues or vitamins like some poor people did!

      Delete
    2. I know, it's been a real sham. Tissues, mints and vitamins are not beauty products and certainly not representative of Selfridges. They used that poor blogger to promote the best possible bag combination and we all jumped on the bandwagon. I should have listened to my inner self and kept my £20 for going through M.A.C at duty Free!

      Delete
  3. I ordered mine also but not yet recieved it. Talked my boyfriend into buying it as a christmas stocking lol. Now hes going to be off work and i won't be able to have a sneak peak. Your bag looks really good i would fairly disappointed with breath mints or tissues lol. I would love the sparkly ducky :) i guess you didn't get a voucher ?

    Sparkledust-beautyuk.blogspot.co.uk
    kate xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope, no voucher :( The lucky bag makes a great stocking filler though! And the sparkly ducky is very cute and it's actually one of the things I was hoping for :D x

      Delete
  4. that's sooo cool! I didn't order one but yours is definitely a good one. Jealous about the OCC lip tar ;) xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. The OCC lip tar is amazing! I'm planning on doing a review of it on it's own though I'm going to have to be brave to wear this shade :)

    I'm not sure I'd order another bag just because I'm risk adverse! lol xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look like you got a fab box. REN rose otto is one of my favs x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does smell delicious - like Turkish delight in a bottle! x

      Delete
  7. It looks like you got a pretty good bag here! I'm jealous of the sparkly duck and the REN body wash, and wish I'd got them in mine!
    I was pretty happy with mine overall (you can see what I got here if you like http://kelloves.blogspot.co.uk/2012/11/selfridges-lucky-bag.html ) but I know a lot of people were very disappointed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm jealous of your Blink Brow Bar voucher and Dermalogica! :)

      Luckily Selfridges seem to be offering refunds now on the disappointing Lucky Bags with little hassle for those who were less than impressed x

      Delete
  8. How do you go about getting a refund? My box arrived today and is so unbelievably disappointing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rachel,

      Just give their customer services phone number a ring - they are very good :) x

      Delete