Tuesday, 13 November 2012

My Winter Rescue Remedies

Even with this mild weather we're having at the moment I still start to feel the need to change my beauty routine as my hair and skin starts to dry out.  Here are a few of my favourite products that I add to my routine in the winter:

 
 
Clockwise: Sarah Chapman Skinesis Hydration Booster, Sarah Chapman Skinesis Overnight Facial, Elemis Frangipani Monoi Oil, Ojon Damage Reverse Serum, Moroccan Oil
 
 
Sarah Chapman Skinesis Hydration Booster This is a fab little 'liquid' that you just apply 1 or 2 drops to your skin or mix with your existing moisturiser.  I love to mix it with my Liz Earle Skin Repair Moisturiser.  It increases hydration without me having to switch moisturiser completely when winter approaches.
 
Sarah Chapman Skinesis Overnight Facial  A cult product amongst beauty fans, I tend only to use this when my skin feels like a needs a real boost.  Instead of applying my moisturiser at night I massage 2 or 3 drops of this serum into my face and enjoy the gorgeous aromatherapy scents.  A really relaxing treat and I wake up in the morning with baby soft skin!
 
Elemis Frangipani Monoi Oil  This body oil has to be haveof my favourite scents.  It reminds me of the Aqua Sana Spa where I first tried it.  Great for instense body moisturising on extra dry areas such as knees and elbow - also fantastic for massage!  The only slight downside is it is solid at room temperature but a few minutes in a warm bath and it turns to oil.
 
Ojon Damage Reverse Serum  I received this in my Harrods Glossy Box - a fantastic birthday present from my friend Leigh at The LA Effect !  This is perfect for applying to dry and flyaway ends as the serum is quite light and not at all greasy.  I really love the 'pipette' style dispenser too!
 
Moroccan Oil  I love using the famous Moroccan Oil on wet hair after washing.  I'm slightly addicted to its scent too!  Just a tiny 5 pence piece blob massaged in disappears on drying but leaves hair feeling really healthy without any residue.  A teeny bottle like this lasts me ages too! 
 
 
How do you step up your beauty regime in the winter?  

4 comments:

  1. I love the Moroccan oil. In the Winter I always use hair oils every time before I wash my hair. Pure Argan oil is my favourite and I use body butters instead of normal lotion

    Beauty Fiends Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never thought of using them before I washed my hair! I might give this a try :) x

      Delete
  2. My skin changes like crazy when the weather gets like this. The Sarah Chapman products are great for using as you need them. I really want to try the Elemis Oil. Does it leave an oily feel on the skin? I'm going away for a spa break at the start of December, it's an Elemis Spa so I might pick it up while I'm there.

    I'm coming to the end of my Moroccan Oil. It's lasted me forever!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Elemis oil - is lovely. It actually absorbs really quick so I tend to use quite a lot! The smell really lingers too so you might want to check you like the scent as some people don't.

      Enjoy your spa break! :) x

      Delete