Thursday, 29 November 2012

November Empties

At this time of year I try and use up most of my products to make way for all the Christmas beauty goodies I receive!  Here are a few of the things I managed to finish this month......


Soap and Glory Daily Smooth Body Butter  I love body butters and this is a particularly good one.  Really rich but absorbs quickly and scented with Soap and Glorys scent 'Mist you Madly'  This huge 250ml tube has lasted me for ages!  Not to keep on the tube packaging though - tubs are much easier to get every last bit out.

Soap and Glory Thick and Fast Mascara This was a freebie with a magazine.  The brush has really thick bristles and gives lots of volume and clump free lashes.  Only problem being is the brush is huge - not great for getting into those little lashes!

The Sanctuary Foaming Bath Soak If you love the classic Sanctuary scent you'll love this bath soak.  The whole bathroom is filled with the smell!  However, I find the bubbles are not that long-lasting.

Beauty Junky Ginseng Refreshing and Moisturising Face Mask This came in my Selfridges Lucky Bag.  I love the idea of face masks but I struggle to find one that actually has an affect on my skin without causing some kind of allergic reaction!  This luckily didn't bring me out in any kind of strange rash.  However, it says to 'peel' the mask off after 15 minutes.  Errmmm.... its so thick and creamy I'm not quite sure how that would work!  None the less it left my skin feeling soft and moisturised.

Bare Minerals Big and Bright Eyeliner in Charcoal  These are lovely pencil style liners.  They are in twist up style packaging but also come with a smudger and pencil sharpener in the base which is handy!  However, as the pencil is so soft the sharpener tends to break the 'lead'.

Diorshow Mascara This mini mascara was a sample from a Dior counter.  I think this is a fantastic mascara but a little out of my price league as although I use mascara everyday I never manage to use one up before it goes dry and needs replacing.  The brush and formula is the complete opposite to the Soap and Glory Thick and Fast.  This has a teeny brush with 'teeth' rather than bristles and is perfect for separating and defining lashes for a natural look.

4 comments:

  1. Nice!! I love Diorshow but the Black out version!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure which version this one was! What's the difference? x

      Delete
  2. The Sanctuary Foaming Bath Soak is good but I don't love their scent for some reason, it's too much for me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a very warm heavy scent and not to everyones liking! But I'm a fan - I even where their perfume :) x

      Delete