Tuesday, 1 January 2013

Happy New Year! Elemis Anniversary Collection

Happy New Year!  I hope you all had a great New Years Eve and Christmas. I have been trying to rest for the majority of mine what with baby due anytime now! 

I received some amazing pampering presents as always and am enjoying using them whilst I still have the chance to spend hours in the bathroom. 

Now my partner is back to work tomorrow I'll be posting lots about my lovely gifts starting with this gorgeous Elemis Revitalising Skincare Anniversary Collection.


 
This was released for Elemis 10th Anniversary (I couldn't believe they haven't been around longer!)  It includes full sized Elemis Melting Cleansing Gel, Soothing Apricot Toner, Papaya Enzyme Peel and Maximum Moisture Day Cream.
 
What makes this set extra special is that the washbag and Papaya Enzyme Peel packaging has been designed by Laura Oakes for SOCO - a charity raising funds for childrens vaccinations in Africa.  A donation goes to the charity for every set purchased.  How beautiful is the tropical print?  This makes the washbag perfect for taking on exotic holidays or just to cheer myself up in the mornings!
 
 
Here is a quick summary of the four products included.  I'll def be reviewing them more fully when I've been using them for a few weeks!
 
Elemis Soothing Apricot Toner
This is a beautiful classic fresh and fruity smelling toner and completely alcohol free which is what I always look for in a toner.  The spray bottle is also super handy as you can spritz your face before wiping over with cotton pads, minimising product wastage.
 
Elemis Melting Cleansing Gel
A nice change from my usual choice of cleansers.  I am a big fan of creamy hot cloth cleansers especially as they remove makeup as well.  However, whilst on maternity leave I am going to try to have some 'no make-up' days to give my skin a break and this will be a lovely refreshing way to cleanse in the mornings.
 
Elemis Papaya Enzyme Peel
The word 'peel' always sounds scary to me but this is a lovely creamy exfoliating mask.  It works by invisible fruit enzymes eating away at the dead skin cells leaving you soft and glowing.  I love that there are no harsh gritty particles and after 10 minutes on your skin you simply wash away.  The papaya scent is yummy too!
 
Elemis Maximum Moisture Cream
I have previously used Elemis Pro Collagen Marine Cream but not their everyday moisturiser.  I'm hoping this is just as effective as it is a lot more affordable!  I have several moisturisers to use at the moment so am trying to decide which to use next right now.
 
 
This is a fantastic present for skincare lovers like myself - you have the full cleanse, tone, moisturise and treatment in this package.  Plus these sets are always amazing value - I never buy Elemis products separately.  Unfortunately, I don't think it is available in many places now as it was released a while ago.
 
Did you receive any Elemis this Christmas?  Or have you tried these products?
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment